Now that we have our own house and lawn we decided to planted a garden this year. I am so proud of our little plants (and our awesome Arkansas growing season) I wanted to post some pictures.
P.S. Thanks mom and dad for insisting that I go out and help plant, weed, and harvest all those times when I was a kid. You were right, I did learn a few things and now get to feel the pride that comes along with making something beautiful and being a little more self-sufficient.
The spring thunder storms and heavy rainfall have been hard on our little carrots and lettuce. They have taken some pretty hard beatings but seem to pull out every time.
So far, there have only been two garden casualties. First was a bunch of cheap Walmart seeds that did not germinate (I will usually stand by my Walmart, but I was really let down on this one . . . all seeds are not created equal).
Second was our eggplant. It had a hard time with the transfer from the pot to the garden and then one day I noticed hundreds of little black bugs eating the leaves. The bugs are gone now, and the plan is still not entirely dead, so there still may be hope for our little eggplant.
3 comments:
Looks great! I'm jealous! Our tomatoes are drowning!
That is one good looking garden and yard... I think ours needs a little Owen green thumb. Yours is looking so good!
Your garden looks great and what a beautiful yard!
Kristy
Post a Comment